Monday 22 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 14 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 14



by Justin Crombie





I had as much sleep as I could, since I was told to so due to being treated at the hospital. Remind me to lock the door when I play games on my smartphone. When I woke up, Bod was once again with me on my bed, you've just gotta love him. I stroked his ears, as he woke up and started licking my face with his tail wagging. He thought I was alright, but was I? Was I alright since leaving the hospital?

Camilla was alright up, I looked at the time and was surprised. It was nowhere near noon, that's the earliest this butler has ever been up.



The very first thing I did when getting up - besides getting dressed, was to celebrate the success of turning over Camilla's new leaf - I'm telling the truth, that's not an innuendo. She said that seeing me is a relief, as she was worried about my well-being for the whole day I was being treated. Now that she's a vampire, she knows what not to do when it's daytime.

I said that we shouldn't really be talking about me, as this was a celebration for her. She then mentioned that she went out and bought a little present for me, joking that it was going to be my funeral outfit - I guess it's the thought that counts.



I go look in the wardrobe, and I actually kind of like it. In fact, I may wear it when I take Bod out for a walk. Camilla claims we don't bond as much as we should, and since I'd look good with this outfit anywhere I go, I might as well take the dog to the park.



As you can see, Bod clearly approved of the idea.




This is the first time in years that I've ever been up this early, probably back when I was kid. I should do this more often, at least Bod's liking it, I would've liked it even better if we were near Matt's house so he could relieve himself on his doorstep; alas, it was not meant to be.

Same as the Bridgeport festival, not a cloud in the sky, but the sun's coming up. Unfortunately, one of the nurses said that just one single hour in the sun, for a vampire, is enough to turn back, and that it could happen within a few days. Damn, it happened.





It was fun while it lasted, and I got a lot of moonlighting experience out of it, along with a couple of adventures along the way. Now Camilla will have all of the fun. I looked down and noticed Bod was looking at me, with his tongue sticking out, he then started jumping at my leg, wanting attention. If Bod's happy, then I'm happy. I stroked his little head, and he enjoyed it - probably a little too much.

We walked a bit further until I received a call on my phone, it was Elvira trying not to get too excited on the other end - did I stroke her head, too?



I had to break the news to her that I was no longer a vampire, luckily she wasn't too heartbroken, because my successor was passed the torch. I was going to be father? What a great piece of news! She then said that Camilla had rung her to say that I was finally out of the hospital, so she could tell me the news. She actually found out that she was pregnant the other day.



After the phone call, by the way Bod was acting, I could tell he didn't feel like walking anymore, so I picked him and let him in the passenger seat. As I was walking, an old friend just left work and noticed me.



We greeted, and began to talk about what had happened since we last saw each other. She asked if I was doing alright since leaving the hospital - does everyone know, or something? Bod started to suddenly bark at her, it made her jump, which was funny. She scratched his head, and he was happy - what a little attention seeker.

She asked if I had any other plans, then invited me to her house, after mentioning that she was one of the first few people I met, and I've never been to her house yet. Indeed I have not. Sorry Bod, the park'll have to wait.



It's nice in here, the furniture looks new, and there's no dust to be seen. She said it was okay to do anything, as her niece wasn't going to be home for another few hours. Katrina lives with her niece, Hannah, I wasn't told why, it's probably too personal - I didn't care, either way.

Bod got tired, and probably angry that this wasn't the park, and decided to fall asleep on the floor. Poor Bod, maybe next time, buddy. Katrina asked if I wanted a drink, as she got up, I asked for a coffee while she was walking to the kitchen. I took this time to get up from the sofa, and look at the paintings in the lounge. Lounge. After looking at the paintings, I noticed that Hannah's name, along with her age, just above the frames. They were impressive.



Katrina came back, and handed me the cup of coffee, while she had a Martini - very classy. After a while, my phone started to ring, I apologized as I looked to see who it was. Alan Stanley. He was about to confirm the results of my mixology drinks at his movie premier. Katrina got up from the sofa, as I had been quiet throughout the entire phone call, she got a bit worried.

The drink quality, overall, was B+. The reception was given an A. The simoleon challenge, just about reached the goal, via two final drinks that were bought, just before the premier finished. That is what sealed the deal.

And with that... I had passed...





Katrina congratulated me, but I couldn't hear her as I kept shouting as loud as I could, accidentally waking up Bod in the process. I was ecstatic, I was about to receive the sponsor money I needed to finally fulfill my lifetime wish.

And with that... my conundrum was solved...



I was alright since leaving the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment