Tuesday 23 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 15 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 15



by Justin Crombie





I made sure that the very first I did, was go straight to Elvira's, as she announced to me that she was pregnant. I went there as fast as I could; she was in the bathroom - not really sure why that's worth mentioning, it just is. She was brushing her teeth, while I tried to distract her by making faces in the mirror, she said that she hopes the baby has the same sense of humour as me.



Yep, she's definitely pregnant, or eaten too much, I won't go with the latter just in case. I don't know about Elvira, but I don't mind whether it's a boy, or girl, either way, he or she will be a vampire, so that's something to look forward to.



At the moment, nothing can be heard, except something that sounded like distortion. I couldn't tell if they were sleeping noises, or Elvira was just hungry. She asked me if I was doing anything special today... yes, yes I am. Today, I am going to complete my lifetime wish. Earlier, before arriving here, I went to get the mail, and a rather large envelope was addressed to me. The sponsor money.



I left Elvira's apartment after we hugged each other goodbye, she wished me good luck, but was I going to need it? Possibly. It takes a while to finish this sort of paperwork, and the result could go either way, depending on the situation. The money I received was the exact amount I was told, so that's good. The letter said that all together, my drinks made 154,000 simoleons, and that I would receive half of the profit, if they were successful. I have 77,000 simoleons, in my possession, for a bar of my choice.

As a thank you, I thought about bringing Matt along, after all, he was the one who helped me get to this point. Matt works at Plumbob Pictures; he's an actor. That reality show really did wonders for him, turns out that he was the star of the show.



When I got there, everyone was on break. Actors talking to producers, directors talking to script writers. Matt was just standing around, minding his own business, and luckily he confirmed that his shift was almost over. I waited at the parking lot for a few minutes, before he could officially leave. He was more than happy enough to join me in buying a bar, he even joked about co-owning it, but to be honest, that's a good idea. Having a celebrity could draw attention and profits; there was only one problem... what bar do I buy?



Since business deals and similar things happen at the city hall, we had to walk all the way there. I quickly bought a newspaper on the way, so I could see which bars have the most recent publicity, and if I think they'd be worth caring about. When we arrived, Matt kindly wanted to help, and suddenly pulled out a laptop from nowhere - no joke.



He began searching through various news stories, bar websites, and mixology forums. We were both undecided, especially since all bars have their own certain pros and cons, Matt wondered if I should just make my own bar, that idea was just crazy enough to work, however, with a child on the way, I would need to make a lot of money straight away, instead of waiting for a whole bar to be built - which could take months, a year, or years.

I didn't get that much money from moonlighting, and to make my own bar, I would probably need to moonlight every day, or I'd be bankrupt, since the money I earn now all goes towards my life, the apartment's rent, Camilla's butler services, and eventually raising a child. If I just buy a bar now, I can earn money right off the bat. Sorry Matt, your idea was a good one, but is a huge sacrifice I do not desire.

We were about to give up, we'd been looking for a while, but there weren't any bars that were interesting, nor any that caught our eye. Matt refreshed a news page one last time, and a new article popped up. It read that a celebrity was arrested following a brawl that happened during happy hour, someone who was left anonymous, allegedly complained about the celebrity's attitude, and began to anger him. The brawl happened, then the arrest was made.

It will be talked about for a few days, and people will go to that bar now that the certain celebrity was arrested there. It was time, to become the new owner of the Bridgeport Sports Zone bar.





I was a bit nervous, as if I was about to sell my soul to the devil, although that would be amazing, but hadn't I already done that when I turned into a vampire? But now that I'm no longer one, does that mean I got a refund? I tend to over-think things. While I was reading the paperwork, I began to consider if I would turn Matt's joke into a reality, and I came to a decision. He wondered why he was being called into the meeting, poor guy was waiting outside all of this time.

He was shocked to find out that he was officially going to be the co-owner, he didn't know if it was a joke at first, but he was definitely thrilled - it's the least I could do. Neither of us have any experience with running a bar, so if we somehow managed to turn the bar into the biggest, hellacious hazard, I at least had someone to blame it all on.



Matt was lucky, he was in there for only a couple of hours, while I was in there for what felt like a decade, but it's finally over. As of right now, I have completed my lifetime wish. I am now a Master Mixologist. I didn't think I'd be alive to see this day. Matt and I shook hands as we cheered in glory, we decided that after a long, long meeting, now would be a good time to get a drink - at our new bar.



We gradually made our way to each floor, we met the bouncers, that were pretty good at bouncing - not another innuendo. There were already quite a few customers, that's already a good day's work, and we hadn't even done anything yet. On the second floor, was the non-VIP section, we greeted the mixologist and he got Matt's autograph - what a boss's pet.

We eventually got to the third floor. There, we met two female workers, one of them I met during that party Katrina told me about, Olive Kipling. Matt was boasting, and probably flirting, to the other one, Victoria Boxer, about him being the new co-owner.



They were both kind enough to give their new bosses free drinks, we also gave them free drinks in exchange. We can safely say that their jobs are certainly not in danger. Olive said that my outfit looked good on me - of course it does. Matt and Victoria looked like they were getting on just fine, as were me and Olive. As the time went by, we all had a lot to drink. Matt and Victoria were trying desperately to stay awake, while Olive and I continuously flirted with each other, until she gently planted a kiss on my cheek, and gave a wink afterwards.

Matt attempted to stand up, and tried to say that he'll order a taxi for us - he eventually said it correctly. What he didn't mention, is where we were going.



It was almost midnight, and we were all very drunk, especially those two. Our first night as new owners of the Bridgeport Sports Zone bar, it was a big success. To show appreciation, these two were about to show us, just how athletic they were, for the job.


Oblivio.


No comments:

Post a Comment