Sunday 21 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 7 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 7



by Justin Crombie





You know, people forget what happened the night before when they go out drinking. I gladly remember last night, very well. Just before I came back, Camilla had finished the book she was reading and began to do some research regarding it.



As soon as I woke up, she was delighted and straight away asked me to possibly go to the library, and get her the second novel of the series. I had no choice but to accept, butlers never leave the house.

The fresh air did me some good, I was no longer tired. I feel as good as new, like a new man? I wouldn't go that far.

I walk through the park and noticed a couple arguing, I had to slowly get closer towards them so it'd be audible. This guy was losing the battle, the woman wanted to hit him so badly until the guy suddenly got on one knee, and actually proposed to her. She agreed. That guy is such a loser; he's pathetic.

I finally arrive at the library and had to buy a Bridgeport library card, I hope I have enough free time in the future to use this. I quickly spot the book Camilla wanted and checked it out, might as well take a look at a few other books while I'm here.





You wouldn't think that sci-fi would be my favourite genre, right? I have no idea what Camilla's is, the idea of writing my own book intrigues me, I'm sure Camilla would enjoy it. I am a creative genius, after all.

While I quietly read a book to myself, someone with a decent sense of fashion walked up to the shelves, and began browsing the horror section.



I wondered what he was doing when he looked to his side and noticed me. I continued reading while wondering if I should check out the book, until the guy came over and tapped me on the shoulder.



He looked as if he had just found his best friend he had remembered from high school. He asked me if I was Justin, which I replied with yes, he told me that Elvira had told him a lot about me, which is nice.



Already he knew of me and was very polite, his name is Matthew Hamming. It turns out that he's a very popular celebrity; and he approached me - I already like this guy. The way we were talking, it really did feel as if I was the best friend he had remembered from high school.



Just before he left when he noticed the time, he mentioned to me about a party he was going to have tonight; I was invited which I highly appreciated and agreed to go.

Matt made sure not to forget to tell me immediately that it was going to be a formal night, then recommended me a place to buy the appropriate clothing. As quickly as I could, I went there and bought the very first suit I found. Without realizing I hadn't checked out the book I wanted, I was back at the apartment.



Camilla probably had jealousy for a second time, due to the party invitation. She told me that she knew of Matt - not personally. He was a contestant on a reality show, I don't watch reality TV, so I wouldn't know which one.

I had told her that it was a formal party and she was a bit desperate to see me in my suit, to view it for herself - butlers are needy. She loved it as I stood in front of the mirror, I think it hypnotized her.

The first time I wore a suit was during a wedding, back when I was a kid. I don't quite remember anything, except the part where I ate too much cake. Wait, no, it was the sandwiches. Oh, well maybe the cake was a lie, then.



As the time came closer, Camilla was a little excited, even though she wasn't going, either that or she's excited to get the apartment to herself - again. I was forced to look under the sofa for some money, until Camilla was actually kind enough to offer me a ride to the party - butlers are kind.



I waved goodbye as she drove off, and I turned around to see Matt at his door. I stopped walking towards him when I notice that we're wearing almost exactly the same as each other - I have better shoes. He laughs while complimenting my taste in suits - I have better taste in shoes, too.

He invites me in, obviously because I was invited to this thing, as if I'm going to stand outside and watch everyone else. There're only a few people, which is good as I don't like big crowds, this would've been hell otherwise.

Matt has a great home, I wish I had his lounge. It's a lounge, not a living room. If this is a living room, am I expected to be dead in the others? If someone died in my living room, I don't think I'd spend money to bulldoze it in order to replace it, so it's living again. I don't get people and their logic.





I met a familiar face when Katrina noticed me; she was drunk. We began talking for a while after I had mentioned Elvira to her, she kept talking about her relationship with Matilda, at least I think that's who she was talking about as I couldn't understand her properly.

Matt started dancing in front of the fire, which was cool, what would have been cooler though, is if he accidentally got caught on fire. I looked over Katrina's shoulder and something caught my eye, a mixology counter. Unfortunately, there was already a mixologist and someone sitting at the counter.

I asked Katrina who they were, to which she revealed them as Matty Crewe and Todd Lynch. Todd. What a stupid name, but I bet he could keep a job. Turns out, he could, he was a fantastic mixologist and apparently made the drinks for tonight - not a bad start.

I took a drink of his after greeting them both, Matty asked me if I was enjoying the party, even though I hadn't done anything yet. Todd joked about how he spiked Katrina's drink which is why she's acting like that, believe it or not, he told me how he did it - handy, I guess.





Matt continued to dance along with others while I went over to the sofas and sat down, where I was greeted by Suzy Strummer. Nice woman, that's pretty much it. She's been looking over at Todd a lot, which I joked about; she tried to deny it. While dancing, Matt leaned over and said to me that Suzy was willing to do something good for me.

Just before I was told of that something, a jazz track suddenly started which caused her to jump up from the sofa and dance with Matt. I let out a sigh and get up from the sofa as well.



It looked like Todd had retired from being the mixologist for the night as he sat with Matty, staring at the women dancing. Matty was talking, but it was obvious that Todd was paying attention to something else. I receive a text message on my phone that was from Elvira - which was nice.

Mysteriously, she apologized for not being able to make it. Was she invited? That's pretty cool; unfortunately I didn't know. To make her jealous, I took a picture of the party and sent it to her. Obviously I was confused with her reply due to her talking about the dancing ones wearing green and blue.

Moxie Logan wearing the green, or mint if you will, is a coach. Matt was okay with her wearing that for the party, which is a bit odd, if you ask me. Who has she been dancing with? Kirby Wise. She is of Asian descent, which secretly turns me on. Don't judge me.





The party has been going on for a couple of hours now, and it's been a lot of fun, the most fun I've had since moving to Bridgeport. When I used to do these sort of things before I moved, the police usually came to break it all up, luckily they know how to let people have a good time.

During the two hours leading up to now, Suzy and Todd began talking and dancing - briefly. Matty practised mixology - boringly. Moxie sat and drank - even more boringly. Matt found a dance partner in Kirby - she looked good. I laid on the floor and looked at the ceiling - I looked good. Katrina puked - she looked the opposite of good.

Matt gathers us all together in the corner and promises the best way to end the night. A jamming session.



He grabbed one of his guitars beside the piano and started playing anything that came into his head. Everyone, including me, enjoyed it, he suddenly looked up and signalled to me that I pick one up and join him. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but he said it was fine, as long as we all have fun, that's all that matters.

I picked up the guitar while he whispered to me that I join in whenever I feel like it. The most recent time I played the guitar, was when I was in college. I was bored one day, grabbed my room-mate's guitar and started playing it, I was decent - in my head. Matt told me not to worry, let the thoughts in my head disappear, and play with my heart.

And the rest is history, as they say.



Best night ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment