Sunday 21 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 10 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 10



by Justin Crombie






I love the smartphone, I can make my own blog if I wanted to. Straight away after waking up, I used the smartphone, and I have no idea how I'd never heard of it beforehand. It's very useful, and it's pretty good timing I've got it, since my old one was about to die.

There are a lot of people with their own blogs, I was a bit surprised to find a few mixology related ones, since people would usually want to blog about their life, friends, or family. Now that I've mentioned mixology, it's a good time to note that something very special happened.



Since I was in a good mood due to what happened the day before, I did a little mixology session. Camilla was very happy for Erika and I's bonding during the festival, luckily she didn't mind staying in the apartment, even though she should stay in the apartment - she's a damn butler.





I had successfully mastered the skill of mixology; I don't think Camilla took any notice. I couldn't believe it took this long to master the skill, but it did. Because of this, I was in an even better mood, and thought it was a good idea to celebrate. Unfortunately...



Your experiments will still sometimes backfire.

With the skill complete, it was time to finally earn some money doing a bit of moonlighting.



Camilla actually stopped reading her book for a moment, to help me decide which bar would be best for my first adventure. I found out via my smartphone that there was a bar for vampires - told you it was useful. A bar just for vampires sounds pretty cool, so that was definitely the bar I was going to.

As it turns out, not many vampires show up anymore at The Plasma 501, but that's alright. I'm not here for the vampires, I'm here for the money. Was this place acceptable to buy, to complete my lifetime wish? Not really.



The bouncer helped me with getting inside, nice guy. He explained a bit about the bar, like when it was first founded, and how many celebrities have been here. Eventually, I got inside and met the mixologist - I don't remember his name - I didn't care. He allowed me to moonlight for a while, as long as I made a certain amount of simoleons. Challenge accepted.



I amazed the people watching, they even took photos on their smartphones. Hours pass, and I had already exceeded the simoleon challenge, it was a great night. A guy downstairs began to play the guitar, and he wasn't drunk - unfortunately. Katrina came into the bar, and we began to talk, she was happy to see me, as I mixed her a drink - in style.



She said she came here from a party that was happening just down the road; I was invited, which I straight away accepted. The mixologist thanked me for tending, I took my money, and left the bar with Katrina.





The party was still alive, which was good. Now that I had arrived, it was about to get even better. The house was not far from Matt's, but he didn't attend, and the owner of the house is Johanna King. She is a comedian, following in her father's and grandfather's footsteps, to become a Bridgeport A-lister. I've never heard any comedians from Bridgeport, they've got to be good, if they're A-listers, surely?

The attendees were alright, we all talked for a bit while Olive Kipling and I made them drinks, she's an up-and-coming mixologist. There was also a vampire at the party, so it was nice to see another, besides Elvira. William Fangmann - I'm not making this up. He was the one that mentioned that there was a pool and hot tub out at the back, so the obvious thing to do was go out to the back.





I just could not be bothered taking off my suit, so I got in the hot tub still wearing it. I was joined by Peyton Suzuki, she is of Japanese descent, and is a teenager. I already respect her a lot, she's staying here and not caring about the curfew crap. She asked me if I knew the vampire guy, William, I don't, so I obviously said no. She then whispered to me that he creeps her out. She randomly began to explain a couple of reasons on why she couldn't be a vampire; this gave me an idea.

To become a better mixologist, I'd need as much rest as I can during the day, to become more active at night. I looked at my watch, and signalled that it was time to leave the party. To prevent slowing me down, I left my jacket behind and ran as quickly as I could.





I finally arrived at Elvira's apartment, and it was lucky that she was in - what a waste of time that would have been.



I had to tell her why I was suddenly dressed like this, which she kind of liked, but claims that the shirt would look amazing in black - got to admit, I agree. She thought my idea was a good reason, and had to ask me if I wanted to go through with this. Was I ready to take a big chance?

The risk is low, but it's the gain that matters. Would it be a success? Would this all payoff? So many questions, so little time. It was a decision of whether to sacrifice my life, or mixology. The choice was obvious.



Begin transformation.



I returned to the apartment.



Camilla had been watching horror movies all night, since I left. I wasn't tired yet, so I began a brief mixology session. I made Camilla a drink, so she was happy. Just before going to bed, Camilla said she went out and bought a MultiTab 6000. I'll explain more about it later, I'm too tired right now.



Of course, sleeping didn't last too long, as something was about to happen. You would think the moment you get bitten is the best, but as they say, the best is yet to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment