Sunday 21 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 2 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 2



by Justin Crombie






In the morning, I left Camilla to do the usual butler tasks and went off to view the neighbourhood. I used to do this a lot when I was younger, it was the only thing I could do to help clear my mind from stress due to my mother. Because of this, I regularly met the police who would take me back to my home because of some curfew bullshit.

Camilla rang me to check up on me, she suggested I meet the people of Bridgeport. Eugi's wasn't that far away, so I took the opportunity to possibly meet people there. I met Matilda Smart, I suppose she's a good person; she mentioned she was a party animal - wall breaker?



There are a number of helpful people in Bridgeport, it's good to know that they will become handy within the future. One of the people I met during the wander was Katrina Pala, a businesswoman. She explained where to find most things around the city.

Katrina was happy that I met Matilda earlier, as the two of them are apparently best friends. Luckily, she knew of Elvira; only as an acquaintance. She knew her address and gladly wrote it down for me. As I said, handy within the future.





There was something strange about Elvira, but I couldn't put my finger on it.



We talked for what felt like days, I however still did not have a clue.



Just what was it about Elvira that made her so different?


She was a vampire.



Despite this, we both enjoyed each other's company. We exchanged numbers and visited each other occasionally. Did I love a vampire? More importantly, did a vampire love a human? One day, in my apartment, I talked to Elvira for hours on the computer; Camilla didn't quite like the idea of me having a relationship with a supernatural - probably jealousy.

I invited her out during the afternoon, during her day off which was lucky. Because of this, I found out that she works at the hospital - snazzy.



There weren't any black flowers nearby, so I had to settle for the purple ones at the fountain. Flowers. Are they a sign of a growing relationship, or just a thoughtless present? Who cares. Flowers.



There was a big movie or something that was being promoted at the theatre; I was a bit late in finding out, I wanted Camilla to come and join us but there were only two tickets left. Camilla claimed that she didn't mind, and allowed myself and Elvira to go.



Just before leaving, I briefly looked up before getting into the taxi and noticed a silhouette standing at the window. Probably my imagination.

I'll admit, I had more planned before the theatre thing. We went to a restaurant and had an expensive meal - this better be worth it.





I think I drank too much at the restaurant, as I don't remember most of what happened at the theatre. I awoke from the craziness and found myself somewhere I hadn't been before.



I can't tell if Elvira was happy or not with me sleeping on her sofa; at least she had a good time, though. I successfully recovered - eventually, and we watched TV together to pass the time.

Secretly, I had actually woken up on her sofa beforehand; I heard Elvira talking on the phone to Camilla. By the way she was sounding, it was as if she tried to calm Camilla down due to being worried about me. Then I feel asleep again, 'til now.

Later during the day, I thanked Elvira for allowing me to free-rent her sofa, then left her apartment. When I returned to mine, Camilla welcomed me back and surprised me with a new mixology glass. I allowed her to hug me and began my first test.





I probably spent a whole three hours doing a mixology session, it's been said that Brigit Hemlock is the current master of mixology; I highly intend to dethrone her.

My concentration broke after Camilla, what I thought was intentional, distracted me.



Turns out, I was correct. She purposely distracted me when I used the glass that she gave me, when I threw up into the air behind my back, Curt Hennig style.



Camilla had made a fake glass while I took Elvira to the restaurant; took her time to find the right moment when to cause the accident - pretty sneaky, I like that.



Throughout the evening, Camilla read one of the books I had on the shelf while I stood at the window, looking up into the star field sky. I began to think about my relationship with Elvira, and how I could advance it.

I glanced over my shoulder and looked at Camilla, she was engrossed in her book, I then left the apartment after making up my mind on what to do. After Elvira let me into her apartment, she went back into the kitchen to wash the remaining dishes.



We began to talk about the usual boring topics, y'know: hobbies, work, life. Life. Something I don't care about. It's happiness to the average man, but I despise it. I posses no emotions; I don't care for anything. But, Elvira didn't care, either. She was just happy about our time - together.







My mind is a blank, as if I had blacked out for a few moments, which is usually a few hours. I wasn't sure if I was happy with what I did, or if it was the right timing. I left her apartment with a slight smile on my face, and went to the nearest bar.



They say that a bar is a place to drink your sorrows away; I never contain sorrows, so it's useless information to me. The mixologist here was named Daisy, a nice name for a nice person - I suppose.

She was quite lucky I had enough money to buy a lot of drinks, and I mean a lot. For the remaining night, she was like the sister I always wanted - besides the other one.

The drinks became more frequently due to happy hour, I think she wanted entertainment which is why she wouldn't stop giving me them. I like to think that we had a strong bond, that was all until...



She arrived.

Tiara Angelista was her name, via Daisy. A Bridgeport celebrity. She ordered a cocktail and walked towards the dance floor, I couldn't stop staring at her while Daisy continued talking to me, but I was too busy with another priority. I thanked Daisy as I got off the stool and walked over.



She looked into my eyes through her glasses, and she was straight away entranced. She liked what she saw; I don't blame her, everyone does. Now you'll excuse me, a little privacy, please?




No comments:

Post a Comment