Sunday 21 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 9 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 9



by Justin Crombie





Nightmares. Everyone has had them before, but there's a specific one that is so bad, you just want to go away, forever.


This is actually something much more worse than jumping off a building, or being chased by someone, or being stabbed repeatedly.

With the annual Bridgeport festival being today, you'd think I would've been able to avoid any sort of nightmare, but this one, was inevitable. Meet...


my sibling...




What a horrible day to have a curse. Somehow, she tracked me down and decided to randomly show herself at my location. Either that, or I probably accidentally told her where I was now living. I suppose Camilla was happy that there was finally another female to talk to, since none had actually ever been to either apartment.

She talked about how her life was, and asked about mine. It was all talk, and no silence. Did you know she now has a dog? Neither did I, until she told me... for an hour. Well, it felt like an hour. Siblings... honestly.


Noticing my mixology table, the next topic of discussion was of course, mixology. It's probably a good time to mention that I am now nearing completion of my training, I'd say I have roughly a few more hours before I can, at last, become the master. Brigit Hemlock, eat your heart out. Unfortunately, I have to make some simoleons before I'm able to buy a nice looking bar, which is actually another problem - I don't know nice looking bars.

It was starting to rain, so obviously we had to talk about it - or she did. Since there wasn't anything special to watch on TV, I let her play video games, while there was more talking. Unbelievable, she hasn't even ran out of things to talk about. The weather, the apartment, the butler, the watch - there's still more.



The rain finally stopped, and we both agreed that it'd be a good idea to go outside to the park. Before we arrived, she praised the car, and tried to trick me into giving her it for free. Little does she know, I had it for free in the first place.

Not a cloud in the sky, the sun is shining, and the sibling is still here. I thought this would've been a good way to clear my mind, via not listening to her, while soaking up the atmosphere. It wasn't working.




Despite being at the park, where the silence is nice, and the people are everywhere but here, she still wants to talk. I started to get slightly annoyed, and just hoped she got randomly abducted. This is the first time in a while, that I wish I was still in the apartment with Camilla.

We walked over to the fountain, she suddenly jumped onto the steps, and splashed the water over herself to cool her down - she's a child at heart - or the brain. Still no cloud in sight, surprisingly, so what should I do? Talk about it? No chance, it'd take an hour before she'd run out of things to say about it. Luckily, I received a phone call, so I without a doubt answered it.


In a shocking turn of events, it was Camilla. "How are you two getting on?" Not very well, clearly. It was worth mentioning that this has been a very boring day, maybe ever. She asked if we were at the festival, but I had completely forgotten about it, because of the non-stop drivel throughout the entire day. Honestly, this phone call has been the most exciting thing that's happened today.




I decided it was probably a good idea to go there, since I'm never going to get any peace and quiet around here, that and because I've been bored for a while, this will obviously help me. I didn't even say where we were going, so I suppose it was somewhat of a surprise for her. She'd be in for a treat, but knowing her, she'll just talk about festivals next.

What happened next, kind of confused me. It came out of nowhere, I wasn't happy, nor sad, just... confused. She began to cry...


I didn't know why, it just sort of, happened. Whether or not, I find this funny, doesn't matter, it's just that it's been such a long time since I last saw her cry like this. It took me a minute to finally ask, why she was crying. She said that the memories had been brought back to her. The last time, that we were together, here. Happy.

Erika was right...




The memories have also been brought back to me. I forgot about the Bridgeport festival, along with forgetting that this wasn't the first time we've been here. We were teenagers. I remember taking her here, to simply have fun. To get away from the stuff happening at home, I wanted to help her, and show her how to have a good time. The things that happened at home, affected Erika the most.


It was Erika's last day. Our parents were divorcing, we were allowed to choose who we wanted to live with. I chose dad, but Erika chose mum. She knew dad wouldn't have been able to look after two kids, since he was unable to keep a job within a week. It was hours before we had to leave, so I found out about the Bridgeport festival, and wanted to make it the best final night together, ever.

There's only one memory that sticks out, something that happened that day, that I think was a great accomplishment.



I won the hot dog eating contest.





So, here we are, again. Just like that last time, where we had to leave on different trains. After that crying moment, she's been happy for the rest of the day, and it felt good to see my sister smiling.

Just before she had to leave, she said she had a present for me. A smartphone! You can tell she definitely chose mum.


As it was raining, she said to quickly put it away, but I didn't care. It had been years since we last saw each other, and we made each other happy. That's what I cared about.


Nightmares. Everyone has had them before, but there's a specific one that is so good, you just want to stay here, forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment