Sunday 21 July 2013

My Life Story: Day 8 by Justin Crombie



My Life Story
Day 8



by Justin Crombie






I awake to silence, and I don't know what time it is. All I remember is the aftermath. A couple of them had already left, and I was about to leave, Todd and Moxie decided to walk home together with their almost empty glasses, and I was somehow grouped with them. As we were walking, Todd talked about how it was the best party he'd been to, while Moxie was attempting to stand up straight; she fell.

Todd, obviously, began talking about Suzy, until Moxie tried to sing, flailing her arms, and spilling her drink all over my suit - how did I end up with these people? Luckily, Todd went home, but now I'm stuck with Moxie. As we were nearing my house, she told me that the "girl in blue and purple" kept looking at me throughout the night, but was too shy to approach me.





That must be why I randomly have her number, and now that I have my phone out, the time is noon. My head surprisingly doesn't hurt - that much. I finally decided: "Why not?", and gave her call, she lives not far from me, so that's good. Camilla'll keep the house clean while I'm away, so I went to her house.

I was surprised to meet Matty Crewe again, and it turns out that they're room-mates  along with a couple of other people. I'm not sure if I'd like to know what they all get up to at night.





Just before we met, I had remembered that her name was Kirby Wise - that would've been awkward, right? Thankfully, she remembers me, and is still a bit shy. We begin to talk for a few minutes, and things are going alright. She suddenly, and why? I don't know, realized that her chocolates had disappeared from her pockets. Again, why? I don't know.

I mysteriously, conveniently, and coincidentally, had some chocolates that looked like the ones she was missing, in my own pocket. That was literally, taking candy from a baby.





While she was eating it, she blushed, and became slightly tipsy as she thanked me. I asked her if she was okay, and her response was positive. Duly noted. Kirby mentioned that she was having a party in a couple of days, and invited me, I suppose I had no choice but to agree to go - it hadn't been at least 12 hours since Matt's one ended, and already she wants to host her own.

Camilla greeted me when I returned, and the place looked pretty nice - she did a good job - for a butler. She was disappointed that there weren't any liquor sweets left.





You know, they say liquor sweets can't get you drunk, since you'd get ill from the sweet, before you get drunk from the liquor. What they don't say, is that you should never accept liquor sweets, from a Crombie.



Despite being the butler, it was me who was forced to make a few extra liquor sweets. Actually, it could end up being a good thing, since she'd be quiet for the rest of the day. We both sat on the sofa watching the Super Shopping Network channel, eating the sweets, and the hours flew by. I said to her that time flies, when you're watching crap - literally.

Camilla joked about how easy it'd be to put me up for sale on the network, to which I replied that I'd be sold within a second, she said that wouldn't happen, so I asked her why, causing her to state that time would fly, when you're watching crap. Touché.





During the next item of jewellery, Matt of all people, rings the apartment buzzer. I never thought he'd ever visit me, since he's a celebrity an' all. Camilla gets excited, because females are like that. He claims he has a surprise, but I'm already surprised, this is the first time he's visited, and it's immediately a special occasion.

He's a nice guy, as he said I could take as long as I wanted, while he waited. I had to put my hand over Camilla's mouth, she tried to scream and shout into the speaker. You're a butler, for crying out loud, do some work! I eventually went down to meet him, Camilla shouted in the background, Matt heard and started laughing. What an embarrassment.





Matt showed me a newspaper. Was that the surprise? He said he'd get to the newspaper in a moment, and thanked me for showing up to his party last night, and to be honest, I'd gladly go to another one of his - if I was paid a million simoleons. He named me his "Guest of the Year", and claimed that he's going to mention my name on a new television show he's doing soon - cool?

Almost forgetting he had a newspaper in his hand, he finally showed me this surprise, because, y'know, I was called here for it.





And there it was. Front page news. Matt's party. Because who cares about crime, and whatnot? Apparently, there was a paparazzi, and we all had no idea, which is true, as we were all drunk. The picture shown is while I was on the phone to Elvira, with Matt clearly visible, dancing with Suzy. Moxie's elbow is also there, but that's about it - you know it's bad when your elbow is more famous than you.

Sure, being on the front page, with mainly your back to the camera, is cool and all, but is that it? Not quite. Matt explained that this publicity could help me, with my future mixology career... he's right. If I experiment with a few ingredients, I can eventually come up with some of my own beverage creations, and with my name now out there, I'm on the way to fulfilling my lifetime wish...

But that's not all. Matt said he had a couple of other surprises, and it's not even my birthday. I was completely shocked, when he said that he had actually bought me, a new apartment, and claimed it was nothing. What, the gesture, or the apartment? He asked me how I'd get there, and that I'd find the answer outside.





The only bad thing about this, is that Camilla will never shut up about Matt - forever. As Matt was leaving, he said we didn't need to say a word about this, as it was just a thank you. It must be really hard to get in the paper, these days. When I told Camilla, she choked on a liquor sweet, which was pretty funny.





I've had a pretty good time here; like an elder during their last moments, it's time to move on.





When I visited Elvira, she had just got back from her job, and was very pleased for me. I could totally tell that she was jealous, but she probably wasn't the only one that was jealous, as Camilla had to wait in the car.

There was one thing I just had to do before we arrived at the new apartment... buy a gold suit.





Finally, we were ready to leave. Camilla may not have been happy about being left by herself, but she'd soon be happy with a new luxury lifestyle awaiting us. Although, granted, with her being a butler, that's to be expected.


Our new beginning.





The place is a wreck. There is no way I can live in these conditions; if Matt had anything to do with this, I'll kill him. It could take years to have this place looking absolutely perfect.



Absolutely perfect.

At least it didn't take that long, it's like my life froze, and a giant hand took care of it all. In case you're wondering, that door leads to a brand new bedroom.

A lot has happened today, but there's probably still more. Camilla is enjoying the new apartment, she's spent most of the time in front of the TV - because butlers are paid to do nothing. The suit that I wore at Matt's party is now thankfully washed, and dried, but I'd rather wear this gold one - because it's better - because it's gold.





An hour passes, and I receive a call from Elvira. It's been a while since we last spoke, excluding that one time we spoke before we moved. She's invited me to her home, and I definitely can't wait - Camilla is currently doing work, believe it or not.

I can't help but think that I'm supposed to attend something tonight, but I can't put my finger on it. I'm sure it'll come to me. Have I mentioned that this car, is fantastic? I don't think I have. Best car I've ever had.

I arrive at Elvira's, and she welcomes me, then praises my taste in suits - damn right. She pours a couple of drinks as we sit on the sofa, I'm predicting a very nice evening. She claims we haven't spoken much, excluding that one time we spoke before we moved. She's right, a lot has happened since we last spoke, we've lost touch, but now we're finally alone, again.





We talk, time passes, we talk, time passes. I think our relationship is safe, once again! Elvira mentioned that she recently got a promotion, I congratulated her while pouring another drink - a toast, I suppose. Elvira starts to stare at me, while I look confused. I ask her what is wrong, until she then begins to say that I'm a great friend, and that she values our relationship.

She says that knowing me, is the greatest thing that ever happened to her, and that I'm not like the other guys that she's met in the past. She puts down her glass, and gets up, grabs my hand and leads me into her bedroom.




Following a few romantic moments here and there, I looked at my watch and I quickly had to get dressed. I apologized, and Elvira said it was fine - with the breath she had left, mind you. I went outside, only to be greeted by a familiar face.



Kirby confirmed to me that her party, instead of a couple days from now, was being held tonight. Psychic.

I get back home, but before I go any further, have I mentioned that this car, is fantastic? I don't think I have. Best car I've ever had. Anyway, I get back home to find the TV on, but Camilla sleeping on the sofa. Lovely. I put on the attire I wore for Matt's party, and I'm ready.





I'm in her apartment for the first time, and it's pretty nice. I'm offered to be the official mixologist of the night, which I gladly accept. This mixology hosting, which is called "moonlighting", will give me a bit of experience. I straight away pour a dozen drinks. I made a dozen of one of my creations, it's a mixture cranberry, and a special ingredient. Camilla tried to dub it "Juice-tin Crom-berry", but it's just a prototype. I'm testing it tonight, to see how it's evaluated.



I don't know if I should be happy or not that Matty Crewe isn't here, but there is another roommate of Kirby. I intend to avoid any interaction with her, but luckily, she's too busy at the moment dancing with some guy.

I should point out, that there is actually a celebrity at this party. Renee Littler, she's actually here with her son, Bronson, and I guess he's pretty cool - he's the only one to taste my drink, so far. He thanked me, and gave it a thumbs up. This mixology hosting, which is called "moonlighting", has given me a bit of experience.




There's only one person in this room I want to taste my new drink, and that's the host. The others are busy doing their own thing, so it's only a matter of time before my plan is a success.



Bingo.





Just like last time, Kirby has become slightly tipsy. I work my magic on her, and it works like a charm. After a few flirts, and a back rub, she grabs my sleeve, and pulls me towards a room. You should never accept liquor sweets, from a Crombie; most importantly, you should never accept liquor, from a Crombie.




No comments:

Post a Comment